Tonsillitis Contagious is true?
Tonsillitis Contagious is true? Is Tonsillitis Contagious? There are a lot of people who always get confused as to whether or not Tonsillitis contagious. The truth of the matter is that tonsillitis while it might look harmless and non-contagious is really contagious after all.
Tonsillitis is defined as the inflammation of the sides of the mouth which is caused by the coagulation of pus inside the flesh.
There are a lot of causes for the formation of tonsillitis contagious including:
1. Streptoccoccus – these bacteria derives its name from the shape that it takes as seen through the microscope. The Streptoccoccus bacteria takes the shape of a chain or pairs which is where it gets its name from coming from the Greek word streptos which means easily bent or twisted in a similar fashion to that of a chain. The simple streptococcus bacteria entering a weak immune system can cause tonsillitis contagious to occur especially for kids.
2. Common Cold – The common cold has also been another suspected cause for people to get tonsillitis. The common cold virus also goes by the name nasopharyngitis or simply a cold. Not only is the common cold one of the most frequent causes of tonsillitis especially among children, it is also the most frequent infectious disease in humans hitting the average adult around two to four times in a span of one year.
3. HIV – HIV or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus is one of the most feared sexually transmitted disease of all time. Tonsillitis treatment antibiotics can occur when a person has contracted the disease because it actually attacks the immune system itself weakening a person’s tolerance when it comes to fighting off diseases.
4. Epstein Barr Virus – Tonsillitis contagious can also be caused by the Epstein Barr virus which is a part of the herpes family of viruses. This virus has been the cause of a lot of diseases in the past and has also been the primary cause for cancers such as Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Burkitts lymphoma and nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
Now that the causes for tonsillitis has been properly explained, people can now start to understand and look for the tell tale signs of tonsillitis. With this in mind people can now know that it is because of virus and bacteria that causes people to come down with a serious case of tonsillitis. With this information, people will also know that tonsillitis contagious enough even for simple exposure to the ones that are suffering from the problem.
Going back to the topic of tonsillitis, there are a lot of different ways for people to find out if their kids or their loved ones including their relatives are indeed suffering from tonsillitis. Here are some of the ways for people to know.
Inflammation of the tonsils – A person can go ahead and ask for the afflicted person to open their mouths. While tonsillitis contagious wearing a face mask can help a great deal in avoiding the risk of contracting the disease. Once the patient’s mouth is open, a person must look at the opposing sides of the mouth. If they see any inflammation or even discolorations within the tonsil areas, then it would be a clear sign that the patient is indeed sick with tonsillitis.
Headaches – People who are suffering tonsillitis might feel like they have just contracted the common cold because of the headaches that accompany the fever.
Fever – Since tonsillitis is usually a byproduct of a bacteria or a virus getting high fever is very likely. There have been a few documented cases of people developing tonsillitis while not getting the usual fever but it would really be a rare occurrence.
Swollen Neck – Getting a swollen neck might be considered as a common thing for people who are suffering from tonsillitis contagious. If the afflicted person is a child, it would be best to comfort them and assure them everything will be okay.
Sore eyes – While not all cases of tonsillitis has yielded this particular symptom, there are still cases that this comes out of the blue. One of the more scientific reason for the inclusion of sore eyes as a symptom for tonsillitis is due to the fact that the eyes, nose and throat are all interconnected parts of the body. When one of this is damaged or sore, the tendency is for the other parts to become sore as well.
Fatigue or body ache -. Again since the person is dealing with a bacteria or a virus, it is safe to assume that there will be problems like this.
Since tonsillitis is a disease it will take its natural course and leave the body. However to speed things up and to avoid complications aside from being tonsillitis contagious people should remember to drink the proper medication to stop the inflammation as well as prevent any type of complications.
There are a lot of drugs that can be purchased through drug stores and pharmacies. The most trusted drugs to help treat tonsillitis are pain relief, anti-inflammatory drugs such as acetaminophen, paracetamol and even ibuprofen.
In cases where the person who has tonsillitis contagious also contracted symptoms such as sore throat, it would be a good idea to go and buy sore throat relief products such as the usual lozenges. If lozenges are not available people can also go and gargle warm salt water to kill the bacteria inside the throat. They can also go and drink warm liquids such as coffee to help remove the pain caused by tonsillitis.
Some of the complications that people might encounter when treating tonsillitis includes things like dehydration, kidney failure, blocked airways and passageways because of the inflammation in the throat area and pharyngitis which is cause by the spreading of the infection into the nearby parts.
Another problem that might occur when tonsillitis is left unchecked is the development of abscess. When abcess starts to appear afflicted persons should go and start upgrading their medication to include antibiotics to help kill the infection as well as the inflammation that is occurring.
Is Tonsillitis Contagious? Now we should have no more question about how or whether tonsillitis contagious
Targetting from search engines:)
- tonsillitis contagious
- is tonsillitis contagious
- Tonsillitis Contagious Period
- tonsillitis symptoms
No related posts.